Responded to: 4th November 2016
I am writing to make an open government request for all the information to which I am entitled under the freedom of information act. In order to assist you with this request, I am outlining my query as specifically as possible.
· Does the CCG operate or commission, a referral management centre that assesses referrals by local GPs? No
· If yes, when was this introduced? N/A
· Which organisation(s) operates the referral management centre for the CCG? N/A
· Please list the relevant branches of medicine that fall under the referral management centre’s remit e.g. cardiology, gastroenterology, palliative care etc. N/A
· How much did the CCG spend on referral management centres for GP referrals in the past three financial years (2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16)? Please break down by month N/A
· Does the CCG track or estimate savings made from using a referral management scheme? If yes, please give actual (or estimated) savings for past three financial years (2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16) N/A
· How many GP referrals did the CCG process over the past three financial years (2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16)? Please break down by month N/A
· Over the past three financial years (2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16) how many referrals from GPs were rejected? (approx. if necessary) Please break down by month N/A
· For this time period please state how many referrals were returned for the following reasons:
i.) Information missing in the referral N/A
ii.) Not meeting criteria for commissioning policies and clinical referral guidelines N/A
iii) A specialist has reviewed the referral and advised the GP on how to treat the patient or has requested other investigations should be carried out ahead of a referral N/A
iv) Any other reason N/A
Please state any other reasons for rejecting a referral and say how many rejections there were of each type
· For the past three financial years (2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16) how many complaints has the CCG received about its referral process?
2013-2014 – 3 complaints
2014-2015 – 4 complaints
2015-2016 – 7 complaints
The information supplied to you continues to be protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. You are free to use it for your own purposes, including any non-commercial research you are doing and for the purposes of news reporting. Any other reuse, for example commercial publication, would require the permission of the copyright holder. Most documents supplied by NHS Stockport Clinical Commissioning Group will have been produced by Government officials and will be Crown Copyright.