Responded to: 13th February 2017
1. How much money did the CCG spend on acupuncture services in the financial years 2013-14, 2014-15, and 2015-16?
NHS Stockport CCG is not aware of any spend on acupuncture in the years mentioned above.
2. How many referrals for acupuncture services were made in each of those years (if possible, broken down by initial consultation and follow-up consultations)?
3. For which conditions were patients referred to acupuncture services in each of those years (with numbers per condition, if possible)?
NHS Stockport CCG does not any referral data in regards to Questions 2 and 3 but the following has been handled via the Effective Use of Resources process:
|March 2014||Migraines and the provider was Stockport Acupuncture..||The cost was £260 for 10 sessions||Agreed|
|July 2013||Low back pain||Closed|
|May 2013||Chronic fatigue syndrome||Declined|
|June 2014||Pain and stiffness in thumbs||Declined|
|July 2015||Trigeminal neuralgia||Declined|
|March 2016||Chronic Fatigue Syndrome||Declined|
4. Do you have a written policy on the funding of acupuncture services? If so, please provide a copy.
5. Do you have any contracts with acupuncture providers to whom you may refer patients? If so, please (i) confirm with whom you have contracts and (ii) provide copies of the contracts.
NHS Stockport CCG does not hold this information. You may wish to contact Stockport NHS Foundation Trust (Stepping Hill Hospital) for further information: FOI@stockport.nhs.uk
The information supplied to you continues to be protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. You are free to use it for your own purposes, including any non-commercial research you are doing and for the purposes of news reporting. Any other reuse, for example commercial publication, would require the permission of the copyright holder. Most documents supplied by NHS Stockport Clinical Commissioning Group will have been produced by Government officials and will be Crown Copyrigh