2. Information regarding vaccinations for 12-15 year olds
The COVID-19 vaccination programme for 12 to 15 schoolchildren is now underway in Stockport. Children aged 12-15 will be offered the Pfizer vaccine and it is currently proposed that these children will receive only one dose of the vaccine.
An invitation letter, along with a consent form, is being sent to parents and carers by schools as part of a rolling programme of vaccinations delivered by the School Nursing Service. Parents need to return the consent form to their child’s school. During half term, there will be a pop up vaccination clinic (details below) for any child who was not able to be vaccinated as part of the school programme:
- Date: Monday, 25 October, 2021, and Wednesday, 27 October, 2021
- Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Venue: Trinity Church, Trinity Gardens, 351 Bramhall Lane, SK3 8TP
- How to Book: No appointment is required, just walk in.
- Nearest Train Station: Davenport
- Nearest Bus Route (from Town Centre): 378
- Vaccine Available: Pfizer
Parents can contact the School Nursing Service for advice and support about the vaccination programme on 0161 474 5912.
Children can contact a text-based service, ChatHealth, on 07480 635227, where they can chat with a school nurse for confidential advice and support. This is not limited to questions about the vaccine.